This post was originally posted on corinaramos.net. A site I created for new bloggers who are looking for resources. During my break, I decided to merge that blog with this one and make Not Now Mom’s Busy sort of a one-stop-blog for multi-niches including how to blog. I hope you will find helpful tips in this post to drive traffic to your blog.
We all know how important it is to drive traffic our blog. You can pay for ads on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and the ever-popular Google ads. There are also ways you can drive traffic to your blog without spending a dime. Even influential bloggers like Donna has shared how to drive traffic to your blog for free.
Let’s face it; it’s the way our content will be seen but we don’t have to go broke to get it.
I know you might be thinking it sounds like it would be a difficult task and it will take forever to see effects of your work. But, in fact, there are simple ways to drive traffic to your blog and they have been proven to be effective and you won’t break out in a stress-sweat doing it.
Take a look at twenty-five commonly used and simple methods for driving traffic to your blog.
25 Simple Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog
- Blog consistently
- Check your blog’s privacy settings. For WordPress users, make sure it’s set to “Allow search engines to index this site.”
- Comment on other blog posts
- Create a call to action and ask readers to share your post
- Create awesome content
- Guest post on other blogs
- Include blog posts on your newsletter
- Include good outbound links and trackbacks
- Include tweetables in your blog post
- Invite other bloggers to guest on your blog
- Know your target audience
- Make sharing buttons easily visible
- Optimize your posts for search engines
- Participate in social media groups and communities
- Participate or host giveaways
- Promote your blog post multiple times a day using different introductions
- Promote your blog post on social media like Facebook and Twitter ads
- Repurpose older content
- Share your posts on bookmarking sites
- Share your posts on Social Media
- Syndicate your blog posts with an RSS Feed
- Use an eye-catching title
- Use different blog presentations like infographics, slide share and video
- Use hashtags when sharing your posts on social media
- Use keywords in your posts and H2, H3 subheaders
And there you have it. Will these suggestions skyrocket your blog to the top? Perhaps not. But if you use a compilation of, if not all of the methods mentioned in this list – and use them consistently, I am sure you will see a difference in your blog’s traffic.
Over to You
What methods are you using to drive traffic to your blog? What has been the most effective? Have you got anything to add that’s not on this list but has worked for you? Let’s get the conversation going in the comments section below.
If you know anyone who is looking for ways to drive traffic to their blog, please share it with them.
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly Blogging News for blogging tips and other blogging resources. Just fill out the subscription box below and get the next issue.