This article is featured on behalf of MRamos.
Freelance writing has become one of the most popular ways for independent contractors to make money from home.
Most writers prefer freelance work because it gives him or her the choice to write about whatever they’d like and the flexibility it provides. It doesn’t require a long-term commitment to one company or publication site and that gives them the freedom to pick assignments that will work with their schedule.
In today’s post, I’m going to show you how you can make money from home as a freelance writer.
Qualifications and Experience You Need
Most online publications are looking for someone with a degree in English, Journalism or related field.
They prefer someone with experience in writing for an online or offline publication and experience or expertise in a relevant field as well as a demonstrated ability to write in different writing styles.
Tips For Being A Successful Freelance Writer
Just like every other business there’s has to be a game plan otherwise you’ll be all over the place and getting nowhere fast. Here are some things to remember in order to have a successful career as a freelance writer:
- Set goals for your income and how many projects or articles you want to write.
- Be available. Every project is a great one so before you think about passing on one, think about the exposure and experience you’ll get.
- Know what you want to write about and work on becoming an expert in that topic/niche.
- Stay passionate about your freelancing. When it starts to feel like a job you might lose the magic that got you into freelance writing in the first place.
- Remember to include time for family and yourself to get the writing juices flowing again.
- Walk the walk and talk the talk. Stay on top of project deadlines to become a reputable and reliable freelance writer.
- Lend your expertise to forums by contributing material to other blogs and publication sites.
- Join organizations like the Editorial Freelancers Association for resources, continued education and events.
- Attend seminars, conferences, or any other workshops that can expand your writing skills and technique
- Start a blog. A blog is a great way to showcase your writing skills and make money from home at the same time.
Speaking of making money from home, let me show you where you can find work as a freelance writer.
Where to Find Work as a Freelance Writer
I’ve saved the best for last! Now that you know what’s expected of a freelance writer and ways to stay on top of your game, it’s time to talk about finding freelance writing work.
If you’re looking for a service to start your writing career, you can make money from home with thepensters.com.
ThePensters.com is a custom writing service that offers academic writing services that range from essay and term paper writing, review and case study writing to scholarship essay writing just to name some.
This is truly a great opportunity for anyone, especially for those who need a starting point to launch their profession as a freelance writer. There are tasks from all over the world and the best part about this opportunity is you get to decide when and where to work.
Writers Essay Shark is another great place to find freelance writing projects. Visit their website now and sign up to joing their team.
You can also try these sites:
Want to Make Your First $1K Freelance Writing?
Elna Cain is a successful freelance writer who has written for blogs like Blogging Wizard and Page Wiz. She has put together a 7 week course for new bloggers and freelance writers who want to make freelance writing a career. Her course is designhed to help writers make their way to their first $1K.
For more information and to sign up for this awesome course, click here.