Ever had one of those days when you’re so caught up with your projects and so far into the zone that you lose track of time?
I have that a lot actually and it happened again yesterday. It was after 1pm when I looked at the time and realized I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner.
I knew I had chicken in the freezer so I jumped online to find a recipe that wouldn’t take a lot of time to prep and cook. I found this chicken and gravy recipe over at Crock Pot Ladies. It had me at gravy so I had to try it.
It was a hit with the fam so I just had to share it with you today.
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 pound to 1 ½ pounds of boneless chicken breasts. (I used tenderloins so they could cook faster)
- 2 packages of powdered chicken gravy mix
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of water
The recipe didn’t call for veggies but I added 1 cup of it anyway. I only had peas but you can have a mix of peas, carrots, green beans or other veggie of your choice.
Don’t forget: Check to see if there are coupons for any of these ingredients before heading out to the store.
Set It and Forget It
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken gravy mix, cream of chicken and water.
- Add the chicken breast to the crock pot.
- Pour the contents in the mixing bowl to the crock pot.
- Cover and slow cook on low for five hours.
- Add the veggies on the last hour of cooking.
I served it over mashed potatoes but you can also use noodles or steamed rice.
Nothing To It Right?
Now this is the kind of cookin’ I’m talking about! I didn’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and it looks like I was in there for hours!
After this I realized I take my crock pot for granted. I only take him out during the cold months to make stews, soups and during the holidays to keep my gravy warm.
I will never take Mr. Crock Pot for granted again!