Updated 06/07/2017. This post was originally posted on corinaramos.net. It’s been updated with more content and resources to drive traffic to your blog.
I think it’s safe to say that by now you know how important it is to drive traffic your blog. Without it you’re blog isn’t getting noticed, your awesome content isn’t getting read and you’re missing out on building up your community.
That equals to slim chances of turning visitors to followers and those followers to customers.
Back in the day, there weren’t as many options as there is now to drive traffic to our blog. And, we didn’t have plugins to retweet our old posts or tweetable quotes. Even further back than that, there was no social media. GASP!
Can you imagine running a business without social media – but I digress.
So how is traffic to your blog coming along? Are you comfortable with the amount of traffic you’re getting or could your blog use a boost to get more?
Today there are all kinds of ways to drive traffic to your blog. Some are paid but what if you don’t have the money for it?
The good news is there are also ways you can drive traffic to your blog and you don’t have to spend a dime.
Even influential bloggers like Donna Merrill has shared how to drive traffic to your blog for free.
If you’re thinking it’s going to be a difficult task and that it will take forever to see affects of your work, you don’t have to worry about that. All it takes is some time and a little strategizing.
The fact is, there are simple ways to drive traffic to your blog. And in some cases, making the slightest adjustment to your marketing strategy like using hashtags has been proven to immediately boost your site’s traffic.
Take a look at these twenty-five plus ways that are tried and true methods for driving traffic to your blog and you don’t have to go broke doing it.
Recommended Reading: How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Without Going Broke
25 Simple Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog
- First, you have to blog consistently.
- Create awesome content.
- Comment on other blog posts.
- Create a call to action and ask readers to share your post.
- Guest post on other blogs.
- In addition, you can invite other bloggers to guest post on your blog.
- Include links to your latest blog post on your newsletter.
- Use good outbound links and allow trackbacks.
- Include tweetables in your blog post.
- Know who your target audience is.
- Make sharing buttons easily visible for visitors to find.
- Optimize your posts for search engines.
- Additionally, you can participate in social media groups and communities.
- You can also participate or host giveaways.
- Promote your blog post multiple times a day using different introductions.
- Advertise your post on social media like Facebook and Twitter ads.
- Repurpose older content.
- Even more, you can share your posts on bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon and Viral Content Bee.
- Share your post on Social Media as soon as it’s published.
- Another way to drive traffic is by syndicating your blog posts with an RSS Feed.
- Create attetion-grabbing headlines for your blog posts.
- Mix it up. Use different formats for your content like infographics, slideshare and video.
- Don’t forget to use hashtags when sharing your posts on social media.
- Use keywords in your posts and in H2, H3 subheaders.
- Last but not least, check your blog’s privacy settings. For WordPress users, make sure it’s set to “Allow search engines to index this site.”
Even More Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog
If you liked the list you just read. Here are evem more ways to drive traffic to your blog.
Retweet older posts using the Revive Old Post Pro plugin.
Add keyword tags to your featured images.
Join influencer marketing platforms like Triberr.
Add a link to your latest post or your blog to email signatures.
Take advantage of live posting – talk about your latest post with Instagram and Facebook stories. I’m about to publish a new eBook and I am working up the nerve to get in front of the camera and talk about it with you. Stay tuned!
You can also create a quick preview of your blog post on Snapchat.
Become part of Tailwind* Tribes. It works just like Tribber. You post your lastest article to your Tribe and share other tribe member’s content.
Create a Pinterest board with your latest blog posts.
You can also pay for ads on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and the ever-popular Google ads.
Over to You
And there you have it. Will these suggestions skyrocket your blog to the top? Well, that depends on how much work you put in to it. But these methods have been proven to boost traffic.
However, if you use a compilation of, if not all of the methods mentioned in this list – and use them consistently, I am sure you will see a difference in your blog’s traffic.
I hope I was able to give you some fresh ideas or reminded you of some of the ways to give your blog a boost in traffic.
So…what methods do you use to drive traffic to your blog? What has been the most effective? Have you got anything to add to this list that has worked for you? Let’s get the conversation going in the comments section below.
By the way, if you know anyone who is looking for ways to drive traffic to their blog please share this post with them.
Don’t forget to sign up for the weekly Blogging News for blogging tips and other blogging resources. Just fill out the subscription box below and get the next issue.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase or subscribe to a service using this link I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products I personally use and believe would benefit you in some way. Thanks for your support!