Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Last month in my post called Why Hootsuite Pro Is My Favorite Social Media Management Tool I shared the reasons why I went Pro.
One of those reasons was because of their bulk message upload feature. This can truly save a blogger time scheduling posts. I use it to share the giveaways I agreed to share throughout the week.
After a couple of attempts due to formatting issues I successfully uploaded my first bulk message and I put a Slideshare together to show you how it’s done.
How To Use The Bulk Message Upload Feature
Here are the step by step instructions:
In excel, create a spreadsheet with the following format:
• Column 1 – The date and time will go here. The accepted date formats are mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm or dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm
• Column 2 – This is where your message goes. Remember to consider character limits. For example Twitter has a limit of 140 characters, including the URL
• Column 3 – This is where the URL (if any) will go
• When you’re done entering your information, save your spreadsheet as a CSV file.
• In Hootsuite go to the Publisher tab and click on Bulk Message Upload
• When the bulk message window opens, click on “choose file” to upload your file.
• Select the date/time format you used and the social media networks to post it to then click submit.
Things to Remember When Scheduling
• Posting times should end in either a 5 or a 0, i.e. 10:45 or 10:50.
• Only one message per time slot and duplicate messages are not allowed.
That was pretty easy right? This saves up a lot of time instead of having to schedule posts individually and now I’m free to work on other tasks on my ever-growing to-do list.
Try It For Free
You can only get this feature when you upgrade to Pro. And the best way to see if it will work for you is if you try it first hand. Take advantage of Hootsuite Pro and sign up for their free 30-day trial today!
Over To You
What is your go to tool for scheduling your posts? Tell us about it in the comments section below. One last thing before you go, I would really appreciate it if you would share this post in your social media networks!